Google announced its latest flagship phone of 2018 the Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL a few days ago in New York. Its predecessor the Pixel 2 and 2 XL had the best camera on a smartphone in its time. So we are very excited to see what Google has done with the cameras on the new Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL
We’re still working on our full review of the phone but in the meantime, we wanted to share some of the photos from the Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL
The new Pixel 3 and 3 XL uses new software-based features and the Pixel Visual Core to take better photos than the last generation, but also significantly upgrade the front-facing camera setup for selfie shots
These are some of the features of the Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL camera
- Top Shot uses AI to help you capture the perfect photo every time. When you take a motion photo, it captures alternate shots in HDR+, then recommends the best one
- Super Res Zoom is a computational photography technique, traditionally used for astronomy and scientific imaging, that produces sharp details when you zoom.
- Night Sight lets the Pixel 3 take natural-looking photos in dark surroundings that are bright, detailed, colorful without a flash.
- Wider selfie camera: Get everyone in the picture with Group Selfie, which gives you 184 percent more room in your photo.
- Photobooth mode uses AI to recognize that when you’re smiling or making a funny expression, you’re ready for a selfie and snaps the photo on its
- Portrait Mode, When you take photos in Portrait Mode, you can change the blurriness of the background, or change the part of the picture in focus, after the fact.
Google Pixel 3 photo samples: Portrait mode Vs no portrait mode
Google Pixel 3 photo samples: Zoom Vs No Zoom
Google Pixel 3 photo samples: Other photos