Disney is allowing users of its new streaming service Disney+ to download shows to watch offline. There are no limits on the number of titles that you can download on up to 10 mobile or tablet devices. Just like YouTube downloads, you will have to connect back to the web at least once every 30 days to keep the downloaded content. This feature of the service will be great for those with slow internet where frequent buffering is spoiling the streaming experience for them. It’s also handy for road trips to keep yourself entertained on the way. Here is how to download Disney Plus movies and TV shows. Not only that, but we will also show you some settings you can change to improve the video quality of downloads, plus more features.
How to download Disney Plus shows: settings to change
You would have to decide what video quality you want your videos to download at so that your slow internet connection can handle it and also not to cap out your mobile data if you are using that. Here’s how to do that
Sign in to Disney Plus, then tap on your account icon on the bottom right of the app.
- Then, tap on the App Settings selection in the menu
- You should see a Download Quality option. Tap on that.
- You will then see three selections. High offers the best video quality possible for Disney Plus movies and TV shows. Medium downloads lesser quality videos and Standard is the setting for the least quality videos. These will likely be 1080p 720p and 480p respectively.
- Tap on which option you want when you download Disney Plus movies and TV shows.
- If your phone or tablet has a microSD card slot for additional storage, you can go into App Settings and tap n the Download Location option. You can then switch between your device’s internal storage or your installed microSD card.
- Go into App Settings, and then select the Download Over Wi-Fi Only option. to specify that the downloads will only be over a wifi network so as not to burst your internet cap for your mobile plan. If you don’t have wifi, leave the settings as is to download with any internet connection available.
How to download Disney Plus shows
It’s pretty simple to actually download movies and TV shows with the Disney Plus app.
- Go to the film or TV episode you want to download from the service, and you will see an arrow icon going down. Tap on that, and the download process will begin.
- To actually watch your downloaded movies and TV shows, tap on the download arrow icon at the bottom menu of the Disney Plus app
- You can then see which downloaded films and TV shows are on your device. To begin watching one, tap on the small phone icon at the right of your selected video.
- You will then see a pop-up menu with two options: Play or Remove Download. Tap Play to begin watching your video, or Remove Download to delete it from your device.
- If you have multiple videos on the app you want to delete, there’s a faster second method. Just tap on the Edit option on the top right of the screen. The phone icons will be replaced by checkmarks. Tap on the videos you which to download, and when you are done, tap on the garbage can icon on top to remove them all.