The daily routine of teenagers involves juggling between classrooms, sports and extracurricular activities. Apart from this, their body undergoes hormonal changes as well. Hence, it is vital to ensure optimum nutritional intake in young adults.
Protein is an essential macronutrient that supports overall health in teenagers. It promotes muscle growth and repair; and assists in the production of hormones and enzymes required for optimum functioning of the body. Since teens are always on the go, it is hard to obtain appropriate protein levels from a balanced diet.
Also, most teenagers are seen as fussy eaters, making optimum protein intake a much more challenging task. Including a high protein drink for kids in your teenager’s dietary schedule can ensure sufficient protein intake and help maintain high energy levels in your child’s body.
Why is Protein Needed for your Teen?
Protein acts as a building block of life and supports multiple vital functions in the body. Every cell in the body comprises this macronutrient and requires its optimum intake for proper functioning.
- Supports Muscle Growth- Active teens are always on the go and are constantly busy in sports and studies. These require strong muscles, and protein is highly crucial to muscle growth and repair. It even repairs the damaged muscle tissues that may occur while playing sports or by indulging in any other physical activity.
- Boosts Energy- Though carbohydrates are essential for energy production, however in the absence of carbs, the body uses calories from protein and converts them into energy. Thus it is essential to provide your teen protein-rich diet.
- Builds Metabolism- Low metabolism levels can result in loss of appetite and poor child growth. Proper intake of protein ensures sufficient production of hormones and enzymes responsible for keeping metabolism levels in check.
- Aids Immune System- Poor immunity is common among teenagers with improper diet and lack of protein intake. Protein boosts immunity, building cells that protect the body against harmful bacterias and viruses that cause diseases.
- Assists Cell growth and Builds Haemoglobin– Teenage years are considered crucial years in the growth and development of anyone’s life. The body undergoes numerous changes, and puberty is attained during these years. This is when the child experiences hormonal changes and needs to take a proper diet.
Lack of protein intake can quickly reflect on skin, hair, and nails and affect moods. Protein boosts the healing process, aids blood renewal and also supports the generation/regeneration of cells. It also accelerates the growth of haemoglobin present in the blood and thus improves the child’s mood. This is why health professionals these days promote adding kids protein to the child’s diet.
Rich Sources of Protein
Protein can be obtained from various dietary sources. These are:
- Lean Meat like chicken
- Fatty Fishes like salmon
- Dairy products like milk, cheese, yoghurt
- Nut Butters
- Legumes and peas
- Vegetables like broccoli
Protein Powder for Teenagers
Health experts recommend 46 grams of protein daily for females aged between 14 to 18 years and 52 grams for males of the same age. Ensuring this much protein and keeping track of daily nutritional intake for active teens is challenging.
Adding a quality source of kids protein to your child’s diet can provide the required amount of protein to your child and improve energy and immunity. Doctors also recommend supplementing kids’ protein when enough nutritional intake is not taking place from the daily diet.
It can also be quite nerve-wracking to ensure enough protein intake if you are a vegetarian. The protein quantity present in vegetarian sources is much different from non-vegetarian sources. Adding a protein health drink can put an end to all your problems.
Teenagers have a busy and active schedule, and the protein requirements for athletic teens is much higher, which cannot be ensured from a daily diet. Adding kids protein to your teen’s diet is a good idea, as it is convenient to carry, easy to drink, and comes in super delicious flavour.
Gritzo SuperMilk for Teens
The health industry is loaded with various kids protein brands these days, and it is not an easy task to choose the best from the lot.
Gritzo is a reliable and established brand known to produce premium quality health drinks, scientifically formulated and tested. Gritzo SuperMilk kids protein is a trusted name among parents as it contains pure whey protein that is easy to digest and gets absorbed quickly by the body.
GritzoSuperMilk is formulated using good quality vegetarian protein and can be easily consumed by teens that follow vegetarian diets. Made specifically for teenagers above 13 years of age, this high protein drink for kids contains 21 essential vitamins, minerals and electrolytes that help fulfil nutritional requirements for picky eaters.
This unique formula, to ensure bone strength, contains 100% RDA of Vitamin D3 and calcium.
Adding Gritzo SuperMilk to your teen’s diet may help improve energy levels, quick muscle recovery, reduced fatigue, better immunity, uplifted strength, and strong bones. We believe in delivering supreme quality.
Gritzo SuperMilk comes free from preservatives, trans fat, vegetable oil, gluten, soy protein, high fructose corn syrup and does not contain any refined sugar. It features a natural, double chocolate flavour that all teenagers love and is an easy addition to their diet. Loaded with essential amino acids, it provides active teens quick energy and maintains optimum hydration in their body.